Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lovejoy visible in evening

asset189

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up.

I hadn't thought of looking for it in the evening. Just had a quick look and even though it's only 7 degrees above the horizon, I could see it clearly with my 8 x 32 bins.

Spot on and looking nice from here. Quite easy to spot with 10x50 binoculars and, although somewhat lowdown, rather nice with my 4" refractor  :smiley:

If it was higher in the sky I think it would be just about naked eye visible tonight.

Set the alarm clocks early and rise about 5:30 for an early one. Form the UK according to Stellarium she should just be at the end of the plough handle. See screens attached for the early mornings of 27 to the 29th, when it is nice an high up in the sky. I'll be peeping through the curtain and see if it is clear around that time. Forcecast not looking that promising though, there again, it has been somewhat unpredictable lately with clear spells, so you never know.

post-30537-0-05670100-1385476189_thumb.p

Archived