Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dogfish - Sun in H-a, 15/11/2013

Luke

This was one of those pictures where I was just playing around and it ended up being a final image. Must get back to the white light images I told myself I would finally get finished before doing any other images! ...

10929020285_d6c9a74699_o.jpg

I really loved looking at the massive spot at the eyepiece on this day. Just a shame the weather has been so poor since. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, if the spot is still there!

---

15/11/2013
SolarMax 60 / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687)

Great photo Luke. Not seen the Sun for several days and have been hoping to view sunspot 1899. We might get a chance tomorrow.

What is this "Sun" thing of which you speak? Seems like it's been cloudy here for a generation!

Thats a very nice image Luke. beautifully processed.

Thanks, all, most kind :smiley:

Allan, thanks for the dogfish support, Sarah does not seem to see my sun sheep, yeti footprints and the like... :rolleyes:

Steve, if you didn't get a capture in, I would have had no chance, unless on another continent! :grin:

Mark, that sounds like a long sunless spell for you. Hope today has been/will be kind to you. I had a quick view today and, though the conditions were poor, it was still a magnificent sight :laugh:

I'm still off work with a stuffed back, so I unmodded and reassembled my PST today so that I could put it on a photo tripod for a quick fix. Everytime I do this I can't help but be impressed by how well it works. The sun looked superb with a whole forest of proms down low and a floater at the top. Superb. :smiley:

Archived