Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New telescope wanted. any suggestions?

Hi all,

I currently own a 4.5inch reflector, but i am hoping to treat myself to a refractor of some kind. A friend of mine (Helen) suggested the SkyWatcher ED-80 (I believe that was the one).

I am hoping to use it for observations but also starting out with astrophotography.

Has anyone got any suggesting for good refractors, that wont break the bank?

Thanks

Simon :smiley:

The ED80 is a good workhorse for AP and there are many people using them. There's loads of variants out there, Skywatcher and Orion to name but two. It's a good scope for starting out as it's easy to use and with a short focal length places minimum stress on your mount for guiding.

It's the scope I started with for imaging DSOs and has served me very well for a couple of years and I will still be using two of the SW Evostar version as part of a tripple imaging rig.  Great scope and very good value for money :)

Hi all,

I currently own a 4.5inch reflector, but i am hoping to treat myself to a refractor of some kind. A friend of mine (Helen) suggested the SkyWatcher ED-80 (I believe that was the one).

I am hoping to use it for observations but also starting out with astrophotography.

Has anyone got any suggesting for good refractors, that wont break the bank?

Thanks

Simon :smiley:

As I mentioned on one of the other forums, many agreed, why don't you scan through a lot of the other posts on exactly the same subject so that there isn't a lot of unnecessary repetition ?? I am sure everything you need to make a decision will be found and if not then ask !?

Archived