Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M15 - A forgotten gem

Stargazer_00

I'm a glob fan.  I like most things but globs really get my attention because of the vast amount of detail they provide.  I usually spend alot of time looking at the likes of M13, M3, M5, M92 and know them well.

Somehow M15 seems to have dropped from my regular glob observing targets and I rediscovered it again this week.  In my 14" this glob gives so much detail my jaw hit the floor. 

Its so incredibly easy to find and is very well positioned at the moment being at it;'s highest point in the sky around 9-10pm at the moment.

I highly recommend this to anyone who, like me, likes globs and isn't aware just how awesome this one is!

Good call on M15 and I'm also a glob fan! :)

Couldn't recall M15 so checked my old sketches and it does indeed show it as being a real standout even from home with moderate LP and one which I'II definitely look for next time so thanks for the reminder.

post-20821-0-04112000-1383126391_thumb.j

hopefully will try tonight, don't think I have viewed this, does it like power ?

Oh yes! As Mike said most globs like power, but M15 loves it. It's bright and compact throw as much power at it as you can. This is a glob that really rewards power. Ramp it up and enjoy. :)

Archived