WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad saw it with his eyes, txt me about 20 mins ago and said it had faded, it was under the plough. I didn't see it from here

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Must've been pulling your leg, normally the only green under the plough is grass and crops!

It was reasonably high maybe 10° or so. It did fade very quickly, I caught the start with the green band then got camera quick, didn't last more than maybe 10 mins or so.

Looking at your pic...the top band was about 8 degrees high!

Wow! Amazing photos Soupy. So pleased you captured it! Think it was below the horizon of the hill from Gain's back yard.

Good to see you earlier for a catch-up Soupy - looking forward to the weekend.

Great to have an hour with Gain this evening - got Terry out of the house for a couple of hours - didn't see or capture the aurora, but still had an enjoyable hour or so with a good few laughs thrown in for good measure :)

Wow! Amazing photos Soupy. So pleased you captured it! Think it was below the horizon of the hill from Gain's back yard.

Good to see you earlier for a catch-up Soupy - looking forward to the weekend.

Great to have an hour with Gain this evening - got Terry out of the house for a couple of hours - didn't see or capture the aurora, but still had an enjoyable hour or so with a good few laughs thrown in for good measure :)

OMG It's back....so bright and high...it's tracing out a ghostly GREEN pattern

A...U...R...O...R...A.....

going to put my shades on... :-)

Yeah..great having you guys around for a laugh under the stars!

Managed a very quick 15 minutes with the 80mm frac in the back yard - my primary objective was to test out the new 18mm BST Explorer EP. It certainly is a lovely EP giving clear views with a really generous eye relief. Just viewed the double cluster, and The Pleiades - both of which just about scraped into the field of view. Had a quick look at M31 The Andromeda Galaxy whilst I was in the area. Didn't do any more as my bed was calling, so called it a night. At least I know the EP was a good buy, and seems as good as new. Really pleased with that little purchase :)

Archived