NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got in after a great few hours up there with Kieran.

My observing list was a long one and the galaxies were brilliant to spot tonight

Hopefully Kieran caught some of the Aurora tonight

Thumbs up and clear skies

Am still having trouble getting my scope working, any of you guys got an hour or 2 tio spare tomorrow who wouldn't have a mind having a look at it, will happily come to you, I know its short notice but am getting so frustrated.

Cheers

Leigh

What exactly is wrong leigh?

My list of targets from last night

M46, 47, 50, 53, 64, 77, 88, 91, 93

NGC2362, 2423, 4448, 4494, 4559, 4565, 4571, 4639, 4654, 4689, 4710, 4725, 4866

22 targets in all and mostly galaxies

Why do you think it's collimation are the stars not quite pin point and are you doing photography with it or just visual?

Visual, and yes cant get stars pinpoint, or planets for that matter,  also this scope has always had issues ever since I bought it

Now then people, sorry not been on much this week, as I have said before wife has been away in California but has now safely returned so I can resume my nightly forays into the cosmos.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, hoping the cloud stays away, we should have quite a few junior members coming down and asking if they can have a look at some DSOs if you don't mind, some may also request some photographs but I will sort these ones out as I have completed my powertank and have a car charger for my laptop so it should keep going long enough to do all night if needs be but certainly take a few photographs anyway ;-)

We will be at Parker road just at the bottom of California drive, off Northfield road which is the main road from wakefield to Huddersfield, but if you get to Middletown you have gone way too far!

Archived