NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Mark. Off tomorrow but I'll pop on and let you all know what the skies are like from time to time as there are plenty of places to hop on't net ;-)

Have a fab holiday D - we'll miss your fountain of knowledge (not to mention chocolate supply) if we manage any observing sessions in your absence. Look forward to your reports whilst you are away ;)

What's it like for light pollution there?

Have a fab holiday D - we'll miss your fountain of knowledge (not to mention chocolate supply) if we manage any observing sessions in your absence. Look forward to your reports whilst you are away ;)

What's it like for light pollution there?

Cheers all.

It's terrible for light pollution and my friend's just don't understand my fascination with the stars.

I'm sorry I'll miss the observing session and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all whilst I'm looking at the bottoms of many glasses!

Wonder which fountain of knowledge would be missed? The one on stars or the one on chocolate bars ;-D he he

Shame you won't have scope... Unless you are taking a small frac? ;)

It will be Mark one eye ball for me as we only take cabin baggage

If u had of finished ur mirror u could have taken dob

Here's my processed version of M97 - better than my first attempt by far, I can actually see the object! 

Have a great holiday Damien!

Looks good Sam. As you say it looks much better then ur first attempt

I prefer 22°, that's Hawaii, anyone for some serious astronomy? ;) 34° is the med and Iran, Iraq and Libya! :o

Which one you going to then Damian, Iran, Iraq, or Libya, if its Iran , Mrs Haze can help you with local contacts,  and a crash course in Farsi, she used to live there :evil:

Which one you going to then Damian, Iran, Iraq, or Libya, if its Iran , Mrs Haze can help you with local contacts, and a crash course in Farsi, she used to live there :evil:

Lots of guesses there leigh and thanks for the offer of a crash course it's actually Cyprus

Cheers all.

It's terrible for light pollution and my friend's just don't understand my fascination with the stars.

I'm sorry I'll miss the observing session and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all whilst I'm looking at the bottoms of many glasses!

Wonder which fountain of knowledge would be missed? The one on stars or the one on chocolate bars ;-D he he

Well, have a fab time - and I'll miss your knowledge and your chocolate in equal measure lol ;)

Hope you see plenty of bottoms of glasses even if you don't see any stars - safe journey buddy

Get yourselves outside now! very bright Venus, Jupiter and Saturn (very close to the almost full Moon) all visible... Clear skies, and the wind has died down as well! ;)

Get yourselves outside now! very bright Venus, Jupiter and Saturn (very close to the almost full Moon) all visible... Clear skies, and the wind has died down as well! ;)

i was just going to post something similar as i just went outside to put the bin out :) looks ok here, there were a few clouds around but jupiter was nice and bright

Crystal clear and 28degrees guys just having my first beer

Posts like this are against forum rules as im sat in my office in Ossett and its not warm outside, plus I have no beer lol Please kindly refrain from posting such profanity in the future :) 

Charity shop bargain of the decade today - Canon camera EOS 500, which yes ok is an old 35mm film SLR camera, but along with it came a Canon EF 35-80mm F4-5.6 III lens. All for the bargain price of just £10.

My local friendly photographic shop has put me on a new strap, new lithium batteries and thrown in a couple of 35mm films for a few quid - just for me to have a play with the old type camera - bit of fun for the price of a couple of beers.

Looking at reviews for the lens, ok, it is not the best lense in the world, but if I don't like it there are several YouTube clips showing you how to simply convert it to a super macro - got to be worth a tenner surely? :)

Def worth the £10 Vicky. Well done, it's usually me who gets those type of bargains! ;)

Have a great break Damian, you deserve it for the effort on that monster mirror. Have a few beers for me. :)

Charity shop bargain of the decade today - Canon camera EOS 500, which yes ok is an old 35mm film SLR camera, but along with it came a Canon EF 35-80mm F4-5.6 III lens. All for the bargain price of just £10.

My local friendly photographic shop has put me on a new strap, new lithium batteries and thrown in a couple of 35mm films for a few quid - just for me to have a play with the old type camera - bit of fun for the price of a couple of beers.

Looking at reviews for the lens, ok, it is not the best lense in the world, but if I don't like it there are several YouTube clips showing you how to simply convert it to a super macro - got to be worth a tenner surely? :)

I think u can go buy my lottery tickets this week.

those lenses go for £20 -£30 on ebay so dont convert it to anything if you don't want it,   ebay it,

should work on your dslr ,   when you attach it onto the camera line up the red dots instead of the white dot you have on efs lenses

Archived