NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame the moon is out. Just had a quick look at bootes but with the 2" I couldn't make out M53 so just went for a few of the stars.

Muphrid just off to the right of Arcturus is always the star hopping path I choose for M53 and M3 just above, and as always a nice sight as Nick commented on last night.

There are quite a few doubles to split so if it's clear tomorrow I shall break out the 80mm on the tripod and make a proper report of it

Damian

If it turns out clear tomorrow evening, and if anyone is heading out to Winscarr, give us a nod as I might fancy a trip out :)

Shame the moon is so bright right now.

yea the moon ruins it a bit, im gonna have a look at saturn in a bit and see what i can get of that

yea the moon ruins it a bit, im gonna have a look at saturn in a bit and see what i can get of that

Did you get to view / image Saturn last night?

I think I saw it (naked eye only) when I went up to bed around midnight, as we have a very good South / South East horizon from our loft bedroom window, however my other half is up at 4am and didn't think it a good idea to start setting up the scope next to his side of the bed lol. Maybe tonight if it is clear enough :)

Did you get to view / image Saturn last night?

I think I saw it (naked eye only) when I went up to bed around midnight, as we have a very good South / South East horizon from our loft bedroom window, however my other half is up at 4am and didn't think it a good idea to start setting up the scope next to his side of the bed lol. Maybe tonight if it is clear enough :)

yep, saw saturn and some of its moons last night i think around 11:30ish, might have been nearer midnight. it looked lovley as always although i didnt take note of which moons i could see, im sure I could see 3 of them at least, so ill do that next time i see it, one was titan which was the furtherst away, the other two might have been Rhea and Dione but not 100% on that

Is Saturn going to rise above 20deg this year, or are we stuck with it being a low-to-horizon object?

That's about it Nick. It's not going to be a good view for about 5years

Is Saturn going to rise above 20deg this year, or are we stuck with it being a low-to-horizon object?

I was going to comment on this the other day, and as mapstar has said thats about the bes t its going to get, although I hadn't realised it wasn't going to get good until 5 years time :(

Apparently, this morning on BBC news they described mercury as 'the red planet' lol

Epic fail on there behalf, did anyone see it? I didnt but my Dad txt me to say he had just seen it.

Apparently, this morning on BBC news they described mercury as 'the red planet' lol

Epic fail on there behalf, did anyone see it? I didnt but my Dad txt me to say he had just seen it.

I take it this is the same BBC that has a program dedicated to astronomy lol poor sky at night

I take it this is the same BBC that has a program dedicated to astronomy lol poor sky at night Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol yea, i suppose Mercury starts with the same letter lol

If it turns out clear tomorrow evening, and if anyone is heading out to Winscarr, give us a nod as I might fancy a trip out :)

Shame the moon is so bright right now.

If the weather is something like Vicky I would make the trip up for an hour or two.

If the weather is something like Vicky I would make the trip up for an hour or two.

I'm working until 6pm, so may not get chance to check on here again before this evening.

Post on here if you are making a trip out, and what time you are heading there.

Would be good to get out for a couple of hours if it looks worth it :)

I'm working until 6pm, so may not get chance to check on here again before this evening.

Post on here if you are making a trip out, and what time you are heading there.

Would be good to get out for a couple of hours if it looks worth it :)

ill wave to you then as im driving back home from work tonight :)

ill wave to you then as im driving back home from work tonight :)

Haha, what time are you working until? I am supposed to finish at 5.30pm, but very rarely leave much before 6pm. I work at the doctors at Kettlethorpe, between Asda Durkar and Wakefield Crematorium. Then it's a quick scoot home - I tend to go past Thornes and then Lupset way to Horbury. The Bank Holiday weekend starts very soon!!! :D

Archived