NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Andromeda finally!

Leveye

So awesome to see stunning Andromeda in my skies overhead again I have waited almost 2 years for perfect conditions and it all came together for me last night here is my take on this Jewel in space finally please give me your thoughts on the processing it is a work in progress I will add more time to it as the sky permits.

2 hours 25 minutes in 5 minute subs 15 darks 50 bias ISO 800 unmodded Canon 5DMKiii with an AT65EDQ stacked in DSS and tweeked in LR.

It's going to be a fantastic fall with comet ISON approaching look up everyone!

post-28595-0-32161200-1381116624_thumb.j

Going to ask a stupid question here, is it really difficult to find ? as I have been trying for a while to find it in my scope and never succeed.  

Chris,

I would use your Bins first to locate it if you are having trouble (well thats how i first found it.... and a copy of turn left at orion).

Going to ask a stupid question here, is it really difficult to find ? as I have been trying for a while to find it in my scope and never succeed.  

The reason you do not see it is because of it's low surface brightness despite having a combined magnitude of 5+. As steve suggested use your bions to locate it once or twice and then you can find it anytime however it's neigbour M33 is a bit difficult even with binos.

A.G

I use Sky chart (CDC) to initially point the mount in the right direction and then "nudge" it using the NSEW controls to search a bit using my guidescope find it right quick.

Archived