NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Next Observing session at Blaenavon 26/10/13

valleyman

With the main Star Party coming this weekend 5th October. We will have the next Blaenavon meeting on Saturday 26th October.

Moon will be in the last Qtr so will not rise until early morning.

Dare say most of the evening will be listening to all the stories from this coming weekend.

I will be making the shout on the weather, but still not able to drive so will miss this one.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat I have been meaning to visit the site for some time and Matthew keeps telling me I should come. Last weekend I decided to drive over to check out the site in daylight. I could not believe the 360 degree views I got. Ignoring the great location for astronomy I really enjoyed going for a long walk to take in the view.

So if it is clear I would certainly hope to join the group on the 26th. It does not take long to drive from Hereford so I look forward to meeting some of you.

Mark

i fingers crossed will be there!   want to get my synscan working,   descovered iv got 2 controlers so im hoping one will work properly! :p

im more than happy to pick you up pat, iv got a big enough car now :) and i dont mind giving you a hand with your kit pat! 

Providing the rain and clouds we've had this past few days have cleared up in time I hope to make it. Only managed to make it to one so far which was a few months ago now. The moon was quite high at that one but the DSO views were still impressive compared to what I'm used to. Hopefully if the skies are clear next week it will be even better.... Don't think the moon is due to rise until quite late next week? Jupiter should be up before the moon as well I think.

Fingers crossed for a change in the weather!

James

Change in plans so should be able to make this one now after all. Weather is looking shocking for the next two weeks though, hopefully we'll get a break at the weekend. Nice to meet up again, hopefully get an idea of what people plans are to view ison in the next few months.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not looking promising for tomorrow night at the moment according to a few of the weather sites I've checked!

How late are you guys going to leave it before making a call on whether to venture up to the site or not?

Disappointing but inevitable given the forecast. Appreciate you making an early call on it Matt, allows me plenty of time to decide what takeaway to order now instead!

Look forward to the next one, should have a new 2" diagonal and 2" eyepiece by then to test out. Should open up the FOV on the C11 a bit more.

Archived