Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

modded now it wont turn on

Daniel-K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuous shutter operation is due to the shutter ribbon cable not being properly connected. This is usually the one on the bottom left hand end of the main board as you look at it from the back of the camera. I've had this happen mayself.

Yippee! yes its intermittent dan but that means its defo a connection so it should be ok as Gina says! I'm really relieved for you that it wasn't blown component because that would be game over, or shopping for another dead 450D on Ebay to play swap the component :)

glad you sussed it!

I have replaced a couple iphone screens before due to pesky gravity but no way I am brave enough to tackle my 1100d. After reading this thread I will bottle out of this mod and send it to somebody with more experience than me.

Happy ending though :grin:

would i do it again?........yup :D i enjoy tinkering

I do enjoy tinkering too. However, the phones belonged to other people and were already busted. The camera is MY precious :grin:

Once you have had the opportunity would you be willing to post images for a before/after comparison of the same object (assuming you have images prior to your mod)?

That would help me immensely as it would show the improvement I could expect. Money is tight these days and I have to choose my purchases carefully.

Many thanks

Dave

I do enjoy tinkering too. However, the phones belonged to other people and were already busted. The camera is MY precious :grin:

Once you have had the opportunity would you be willing to post images for a before/after comparison of the same object (assuming you have images prior to your mod)?

That would help me immensely as it would show the improvement I could expect. Money is tight these days and I have to choose my purchases carefully.

Many thanks

Dave

sure will dave i imaged NGC6888 last week before the mod to compare after i had done the mod

Thanks peter it doesnt really matter much as its just for AP. the wife aint too happy about it pink pictures though, just gives me an excuse to buy another DSLR to take pictures of the family :D

You can change the white balance though. I appreciate it's not quite the same, but does give reasonable images..

You can change the white balance though. I appreciate it's not quite the same, but does give reasonable images..

Indeed a CWB (Custom White Balance) will sort that out especially for Jpegs where the processing is doen in the camera.. Just remember if you shoot under varying light conditions (indoors - Flourescent, Tungsten & outdoors etc) you really need a CWB image for each of them... Alternatively if your shooting raws it can easily be sorted during the Raw Development process..

Peter...

Archived