Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I bet its clear tomorrow...

estwing

Cloud cleared around 23:30hrs down here - just as the moon was brightening :( Shame really as the few patches visible before this were nice, dark and stable!

Still will stay up and try to bag Jupiter this morning (as it is bank holiday).

Went out looked up and there was some breaks in the cloud so went back in to get the scope came back out and it had clouded over typical! When I was out the moon had an orange tint to it is that because of dust in the atmosphere?

Managed to get out last night for a couple of hours. The viewing wasn't brilliant but I got to dial in the telrad, collimate & test my homemade dew controller & heaters. So it wasn't a wasted night.

Looking at the met office website, Tuesday is supposed to be a clear here in the west country but I'm not holding my breath.

It was cloudless from sunset onwards here in central Cumbria hire.

I took the 10x50's out on the caravan decking around 10:30. The last quarter moon was rising over the Great Dunn Fell but was quite red and it's brilliance extinguished by haze.

The moon was still spreading enough light over the hazy sky to make it difficult to locate Delphinus without the bins but I still managed to confirm my sighting of the Nova from the night before

:)

So it may have been clear but it wasn't a great sky.

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 4

It was cloudless from sunset onwards here in central Cumbria hire.

I took the 10x50's out on the caravan decking around 10:30. The last quarter moon was rising over the Great Dunn Fell but was quite red and it's brilliance extinguished by haze.

The moon was still spreading enough light over the hazy sky to make it difficult to locate Delphinus without the bins but I still managed to confirm my sighting of the Nova from the night before

:)

So it may have been clear but it wasn't a great sky.

I saw the moonrise too. It did look pretty spectacular with its deep reddish colour. It's not often I've seen it rise like that although I did not care for the glare it caused once it had risen higher.

I saw the moonrise too. It did look pretty spectacular with its deep reddish colour. It's not often I've seen it rise like that although I did not care for the glare it caused once it had risen higher.

I had a quick look at the Moon with the bins and it looked very nice. Plenty of detail. As poor as the sky was for stargazing the atmosphere was very stable. I guess the the seeing will have been quite good for Jupiter later on.

Archived