Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I bought a used telrad finder for the 150p, it powers up, i can see the red circles in the unit but cant see them in the perspex screen i have put new batteries in but no difference, any ideas please

I know this is going to sound a silly question but are you looking through the Telrad from the correct end ? Also, sometimes if the three adjustment knobs have been moved a lot you'll have to move your eye up, down, left and right in order to find the reticule.

Hope this helps.

Ally

Are you looking through it from the right end,,,,,,the perspex goes the end you look through.....??

Hmmm its counter intuitive i feel silly now, yes had it wrong way round and yes it now works, that was a very fast miracle cure.......yet again SGL comes to the rescue

don't worry Jules. you are used to looking through the wrong end of a telescopes (fracs) so cannot be blamed :grin:

you'll regret not buying a telrad sooner. they are one of the best things you can buy I feel, especially for newts.

I know from reading previous posts from members that you are not the first and you are sure not to be the last to make this error.

BTW I use a Telrad on my 150P and wouldn't be without it.

Good luck and clear skies.

I know from reading previous posts from members that you are not the first and you are sure not to be the last to make this error.

BTW I use a Telrad on my 150P and wouldn't be without it.

Good luck and clear skies.

how have you fitted the telrad, i have used a couple of strips of double sided tape but not sure about it, not got any cable ties and dont want to drill the tube!

I think the Telrad base just uses some sort of double sided tape, mine i have 2 bases there either side of the focusor so swapping the Telrad from one to the other gives me a easier viewing angle, getting the 2nd base aligned was more luck that any thing but the Telrad is aligned in either without adjustment,,,,i have seen the sticky tape in the likes of B&Q its about 2-3mm thick...and it works....

I've always just used the supplied sticky pads with my Telrad basses, man they stick like limpets. I used a couple of self tappers on my new Dob simply because, where its mounted (upper cage struts) the sticky pads wouldn't have enough purchase.

If the scope you're using has a finder shoe I removed the one on my newt drilled a couple of holes in the Telrad base & fitted it to where the finder shoe was fitted using the original bolts.

how have you fitted the telrad, i have used a couple of strips of double sided tape but not sure about it, not got any cable ties and dont want to drill the tube!

When I first had my Telrad I used a couple of strips of masking tape to position it until I was happy with it then used the supplied sticky pad and have never had a problem.

HTH.

Archived