Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My sun Bizbuilder style

Scott

That's a really good image and so well processed! :p :p :p :p .

It is nice to see folk starting solar imaging (and using the tuorial :grin: ) - but it is only a starting point. Once you are familiar with the basic steps you can start to have a "play" and hopefully improve on it.

To get rid of the dust bunnies take a few (10-20) flats. Simply turn the scope away from the Sun, remove the Solar filter and set the camera to Av mode (I'm assuming a DSLR). Point the scope at an "even" bit of sky - clear or cloudy will do and click away. Load the flats only into Registax first and click Flat/Dark/Reference and then Create flatfield. Save the image. Open your lights and then immediately click Flat/Dark/Reference and Load Flatfield. Then set your align point etc. Those dust bunnies will vanish from the final image as if by magic!!

Cheers everyone for the kind words :). I realise theres a lot to learn but it's all good fun.

Thanks Roger, I didn't even realise I could use flats in registacks. (learn something new every day hey). I've only ever used them in deep sky stacker.

Something for next time hey.

I've got yet another one on the sensor again but havn't bothered with flats for a while - too much trouble just getting the Sun recently. (Have to use the Brillo pad on the sensor again!! :evil: )

Oh, I was wondering how to clean the sensor, brillo pads it is then ;)

It's so long since I saw the Sun last that it'll all be very new to me next time I try it :)

James

I thought you southerners got all the sun........Somerset is south isn't it? :huh:

In the south certainly, but perhaps more of a problem, it's in the south-wet.

James

I wish I could convince my wife to move to the south-wet.............I've given up trying to get her to move back to the south-east (of Oz) :)

Archived