SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's chilly out there

JamesF

I've just come in to warm up for a few minutes. It might be nearly June, but it's damn cold outside -- enough that I can see the condensation from my breath by moonlight even though the Moon hasn't made it over the roof of the barn yet. Things are going to have to improve a fair bit before I'll risk any t-shirt and shorts night-time observing sessions this year.

James

I've just come in to warm up for a few minutes. It might be nearly June, but it's damn cold outside -- enough that I can see the condensation from my breath by moonlight even though the Moon hasn't made it over the roof of the barn yet. Things are going to have to improve a fair bit before I'll risk any t-shirt and shorts night-time observing sessions this year.

James

I'm surprised you risked T-Shirt and Shorts. I just went out in normal February observing gear minus thermals and had gloves and hat just in case. Fortunately it wasn't that cold, and it was surprisingly dew-free tonight :).

These temperature variations are shocking! I was in Liverpool Saturday in just shorts and t-shirt, today I'm freezing, got a long sleeve top under a t-shirt on and my hoody, I can't believe how much difference the wind is making too, yesterday was a gorgeous, stunning day and on my door step last night looking at mercury I was warm in shorts,

I'm a summer child and love the sun and heat, needs to improve soon!!!

Yes, not really well dressed but popped out for a quick look at the ring nebulae and M13, then the moon showed up. Not too disappointed though, if you'll excuse the french, was glad to go in to warm my 'naglers' !

andrew

Observing on Saturday evening and still required some layers and a down vest, even though my observing chair was set up in the entrance to my (allotment) shed / observatory (Saturn Shack) whilst the scope in set up on the paved terrace. Cool tonight to since the cloud and wind have returned.

Archived