SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD + SPC900 problems

I’m having problems setting up the SPC900 as a guider in PHD, it is modded for LX and works very well in this mode using WXcapture, SharpCap, so I know it works in LX mode.

But it doesn’t seem to work in PHD, any clues or even better what settings should I be using.

Cheers for any help (after three nights starting to lose the will to live).

Lee

Which version are you PHD running, I found a bug that stops it connecting to the serial line correctly and Craig made a special version for me to test... you need 1.13.2 or better.

*edit - you are setting the COM port in the "brain" in PHD aren't you?

Which version are you PHD running, I found a bug that stops it connecting to the serial line correctly and Craig made a special version for me to test... you need 1.13.2 or better.

*edit - you are setting the COM port in the "brain" in PHD aren't you?

PHD version 1.12.0

Well I’d set up a rig, real “blue peter” method.

SPC900 with DSLR lens looking down a long tube with the other end covered but with tiny hole to represent stars.

Just able to focus camera lens but it works when using a torch.

Selected various cameras from drop down but only “long exposure webcam + parallel/series seems to work.

Selected LE port “3BC” – only one that works.

On camera gain to max.

Exposure duration 3 seconds – but still the image is a lot less than other imaging software using a 3 second exposure?

Archived