SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD Guiding error 22

Rob Glos

I've been guiding using PHD on my EQ5 & Orion Starshoot Autoguider for a while. I recently hooked up a QHY5-ll to do some planetary work om my main scope using SharpCap (successfully). However since then I've gone back to my deep sky work and the AutoGuiding is now failing with an Error - 22 (sometimes when connecting the camera and sometimes when trying to calibrate). Last night, having got past the error 22 on connection (connected the Orion late after starting the App) I then got an "start didn't move enough" error even though the settings hadn't changed from when I successfully guided (as far as I can remember). Also using the same cables to the same Win10 laptop. Not sure if the QHY camera is a red herring or a possible cause. Any pointers  would be appreciated.

No expert in PHD as only just starting but I had the error about 'Star not moving enough' and it turned out to be EQMod (Not sure if you are using) and the setting in there overriding PHD. Cannot remember the exact setting but it is top right of the window and has 2 slide bars. I set mine 3/4 the way up and this allowed PHD to adjust the mount further. May not be anything to do with your issue but it drove me mad for ages. Other than that setting it is often something I have done wrong with the connection setup in the software.

1 hour ago, Rob Glos said:

I've been guiding using PHD on my EQ5 & Orion Starshoot Autoguider for a while. I recently hooked up a QHY5-ll to do some planetary work om my main scope using SharpCap (successfully). However since then I've gone back to my deep sky work and the AutoGuiding is now failing with an Error - 22 (sometimes when connecting the camera and sometimes when trying to calibrate). Last night, having got past the error 22 on connection (connected the Orion late after starting the App) I then got an "start didn't move enough" error even though the settings hadn't changed from when I successfully guided (as far as I can remember). Also using the same cables to the same Win10 laptop. Not sure if the QHY camera is a red herring or a possible cause. Any pointers  would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Z3roCool said:

No expert in PHD as only just starting but I had the error about 'Star not moving enough' and it turned out to be EQMod (Not sure if you are using) and the setting in there overriding PHD. Cannot remember the exact setting but it is top right of the window and has 2 slide bars. I set mine 3/4 the way up and this allowed PHD to adjust the mount further. May not be anything to do with your issue but it drove me mad for ages. Other than that setting it is often something I have done wrong with the connection setup in the software.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Are you using ST4 or pulse guiding ? whichever it is you could try the other to eliminate a few things.

Dave

1 hour ago, spillage said:

I am not 100% but is this not a connection issue with the usb lead. I would try another lead.

57 minutes ago, solarboy said:

Hi

Try the settings in the photo I got them off YouTube it works for me. 

Also make your pixel size and focal lenth of your camer and guild scope are right in PhD settings but you probably know that. 

Solarboy 

DSC_0185.JPG

Thanks for the various pointers folks. Will take a look at these today/tonight.

Archived