Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

maxvision 24mm 82degrees

My maxvision 24mm 82 arrived just. I bought it from optical systems.com which is just another web portal for explore scientific .de. It was bought as an eyepiece viewfinder and looking at it now I wish I had bought the 68 degree. This eyepiece is huge no doubt in my mind that this is definitely an unbranded meade 5000 uwa so at £134 inc delivery this is a great price. Goodness knows when it will see first light because as soon as I opened the box the sky clouded over ( I kid you not) I just thought I would post this now to reassure anybody who bought one of these maxvision eyeoieces they will be receiving an unbranded meade. From an engineering standpoint these things are beautifully built, ergonomics leave a bit to be desired however. Here is the pic of it in my humble collection

post-4536-0-85668900-1368098866_thumb.jp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a good price for sure, and I'm also sure its a good version of this eyepiece (i have the meade).

I dont want to sound like a deleted word but you can still buy a Meade 5000 UWA 24mm 82 degree with a Meade 5000 2" dielectric diagonal from the states for $189.

I'm happy with this price, no unexpected customs letters and I know my rights if something goes wrong. customer protection can be pretty variable I hear depending on the state laws. I imagine 99% of all US transactions go through smoothly but I am pretty sure I would be one of the 1%

Looks like I will have to keep my Meade 24mm UWA, I tried to sell it secondhand and never got a sniff, I only got it at Christmas , for me to sell it I will have to give it away. never mind. Just out of interest are they being sold in those massive boxes Meade used? Alan

Looks like I will have to keep my Meade 24mm UWA, I tried to sell it secondhand and never got a sniff, I only got it at Christmas , for me to sell it I will have to give it away. never mind. Just out of interest are they being sold in those massive boxes Meade used? Alan

yes

I bought it as a finder eyepiece the 24mm gives a 20x mag in my scope I am hoping it will give a wide view but darker skies due to the increased mag. I am using an awful no name 40mm swa at the moment

I use a 24mm Panoptic in a Baader Vario finder which I can put on all of my scopes, it give over 6 degrees, but I have to say it's rather waste of a great eyepiece. It gets to go in the others though. I can get a 2 inch attachment for it so it's food for thought to put the Meade 24mm UWA in it's place, then with other large heavy eyepieces in the main scope it will be time for a new mount.

Alan

I use a 24mm Panoptic in a Baader Vario finder which I can put on all of my scopes, it give over 6 degrees, but I have to say it's rather waste of a great eyepiece. It gets to go in the others though. I can get a 2 inch attachment for it so it's food for thought to put the Meade 24mm UWA in it's place, then with other large heavy eyepieces in the main scope it will be time for a new mount.

Alan

alan if your selling the 24mm pan i will buy it :grin:

I wouldn't hold your breath, if they're not there now, they've probably all gone!

There's a paragraph at the bottom that says:

"This performance for this price is a steal - get them while you can! As soon as the existing volume is sold, it´s over - there will be no chance for us to get a second shipment."

Sorry.

My maxvision 24mm 82 arrived just. I bought it from optical systems.com which is just another web portal for explore scientific .de. It was bought as an eyepiece viewfinder and looking at it now I wish I had bought the 68 degree. This eyepiece is huge no doubt in my mind that this is definitely an unbranded meade 5000 uwa so at £134 inc delivery this is a great price. Goodness knows when it will see first light because as soon as I opened the box the sky clouded over ( I kid you not) I just thought I would post this now to reassure anybody who bought one of these maxvision eyeoieces they will be receiving an unbranded meade. From an engineering standpoint these things are beautifully built, ergonomics leave a bit to be desired however. Here is the pic of it in my humble collection

How long did your lens take to arrive?

Thanks, andrew

• 2 months later...

I just pulled the trigger on the Maxvision 24mm 82 deg. I took on board the criticisms, particularly the size and weight of the thing, but I really want to experience the UWA view and I simply couldn't resist this given the price. I am hoping I won't be disappointed. Now I have to remain patient while they process and dispatch the order and await delivery. It will likely be a while before it sees first light as the night skies are still too light here for meaningful viewing. But that will improve through August.

I just pulled the trigger on the Maxvision 24mm 82 deg. I took on board the criticisms, particularly the size and weight of the thing, but I really want to experience the UWA view and I simply couldn't resist this given the price. I am hoping I won't be disappointed. Now I have to remain patient while they process and dispatch the order and await delivery. It will likely be a while before it sees first light as the night skies are still too light here for meaningful viewing. But that will improve through August.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I bought it as a finder but its fast becoming a favourite its a great eyepiece at my focal length for sweeping through the milky way

I don't think you will be disappointed. I bought it as a finder but its fast becoming a favourite its a great eyepiece at my focal length for sweeping through the milky way

Good to hear. I see you also have the ES 4.7 82°. That is currently next in my crosshairs as soon as funds permit. My thinking is to get my low power and high power EPs sorted then fill in the mid range over time as and when I find the need and the cash.

Good to hear. I see you also have the ES 4.7 82°. That is currently next in my crosshairs as soon as funds permit. My thinking is to get my low power and high power EPs sorted then fill in the mid range over time as and when I find the need and the cash.

I'll be honest and admit I am not really in love with my es4.7mm. It may be a function of apparture but it doesn't seem as clear as any of my other eyepieces. for my high power now I prefer to use my pentax and teleextender.

Archived