NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My viewing seat.

8kids

like that fair play , i'm about to bung amazon nearly £30 for an ironing chair, unfortunately i'm an electrician wish i was a carpenter sometimes , good skills..

I have an ironing chair and its very good with the 16", but for the 10" i use the ikea one below, about £12. It swivels up and down, perfect height. This is for those that cant produce that lovely looking chair above. Excellent work

post-11876-135950362338_thumb.jpg

Thank you all kindly,

I gave it a quick test run last night and it worked very well, it adjusted very quickly to the correct height and was stable and comfy, although a cushion is a must I think cause my backside did feel the cold. :eek:

I had some cherry wood lying around and the dowel was an old curtain pole. It was basically made up as I went along with a few reference pictures off of the web.

Gary.

That's one good looking chair and I like the finish that you have applied to it, makes it look very professional. I do have one question and that is regarding the rear support which at first glance looks a little short compared to other chairs of this type that I have seen. Does it feel stable enough when you tried it out, any wobbling etc?

Every time I see a chair like this it does convince me to have a go myself so thank you for taking the time to show here on the the forum.

James

That's one good looking chair and I like the finish that you have applied to it, makes it look very professional. I do have one question and that is regarding the rear support which at first glance looks a little short compared to other chairs of this type that I have seen. Does it feel stable enough when you tried it out, any wobbling etc?

Every time I see a chair like this it does convince me to have a go myself so thank you for taking the time to show here on the the forum.

James

Because my eyepiece at it's highest point is only 57" off of the ground I'm not sitting that high, my weight is above the support piece. I was actually using it a notch higher last night and didn't need to move it again, I can lean back comfortably and with confidence, it did creak a bit though. I must add it's made to suit me but you could make one for taller scopes, bigger individuals and beef it up to suit.

It's dimensions were also dictated by materials available, I was using up bits I had lying around.

Gary.

I had some free time this easter weekend and made this, it seems to work o.k. It could do with a cushion but other than that it's all :smiley:

And a wine bottle a a wine glass holder!

Did you do this off the cuff, or do you plan it out? If so, I don't suppose you plan it Sketchup?

Russell

Archived