Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Arrivals!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just A small update. I did take the time to tell the US supplier what had been delivered and they were shocked and sorry. They meant to send the new 11mm.

They don't have stock right now but as soon as they do they ate posting a new one to me with a pre paid returns slip for the one I have.

Can't ask for more than that really.

See! :)

It's a good result and proof the Colonials value their customers. Every UK based warranty/replacement issue I've had, had required me to send the item back at my own cost.

Russell

It will come as a warranty replacement for sure I made certain of that. They are doing everything they can to not cost me a penny. Really Nice lot. Spoke to them over the phone a few times now.
Any chance of naming them?

Russell

Any chance of naming them?

Russell

Lol

When I first read this first I thought you were talking about the eyepieces, and thought, now there's a man that's serious about his EPs

Barry

I got the smaller ones 4.7 - 11 from telescopes.net in the US and the 14 and 18 from optical-systems.com

Russell.I think they were named them earlier in the thread unless people do give their eyepieces name's?

Been Utterly spoilt the last few nights and am starting to get a real feel for these eyepieces. It's safe to say they are performing better than I had hoped. I'll start making some notes and then put up a review of the range I have so far.

Is there anything in particular that would make a review the most helpful as that would be what I want to provide others with.

Do you have / could you borrow any eyepieces of similar spec you can compare them to ?.

Otherwise I tend to use familiar objects but those which push the setup as much as possible. E & F Trapezium, extent and structure in M51, tight double stars, form and extent of nebulae such as M27, M57, faint planetary moons such as Enceladus, GRS on Jupiter, Cassini Division, craterlets in Plato on the moon, that sort of thing.

With wide field eyepieces, seeing how resolution and contrast of something like the Cassini Division or the GRS change as the object drifts from the centre right to the field stop edge is a good test. Most eyepieces today work pretty well in the central part of the field of view to be honest so it's what happens away from that area that is interesting :smiley:

• 3 months later...

lol :)

yeah telescopes.net

They even said I can use the current one in the meantime while I wait, which is nice.

Just to follow up on this, I got a message from them 2 days ago to say they got an 11mm in stock and had shipped it off to me.

Took quite a while to get one into stock and it's yet to arrive (currently somewhere between LA and London).

They did come good on their word though, eventually (email trail shows I asked for approx 50 updates on stock status and delivery estimates). I just hope they haven't sent another old model 11mm or just got bored of my constant nagging and sent me TeleVue Delos instead!

Hey Alan. Yeah sure has taken it's sweet time. They said they simply weren't getting this one in stock. they kept getting deliveries from ES but for other focal lengths, never the 11mm. I wonder if i was just on the bottom of a waiting list for people with back orders and they eventually got to me after the new business was fulfilled.

I was so close to thinking it was never going to come and get a 10mm or 12mm Delos, now I'll wait and see how it performs first (and probably still get Delos anyway)

Hi Alan, I have the 11mm ES82 and it is brilliant and gives a good medium range focal length, gives 81x in my f/9 refractor, 1° view of the sky and 1.2mm exit pupil, a perfect spec for my viewing preferences and very comfortable to use.

In my 14" it'll give 150x, 2.3mm exit pupil and 0.54 degrees field of view.

I already have the old model 11mm they sent over (the serial number on it shows it is the 27th 11mm ES 82 ever made!) so I'm not sure how much improvement it'll be over that one other than the fact it's been barely used because I'd always looked at it as 'going back one day' so didn't bother investing time getting to know it.

150x, 2.3mm exit pupil in my 14" will probably become my DSO killer (if/when it arrives)

• 4 weeks later...

Well after getting utterly stuck in customs, look what finally arrived today!

post-19910-0-75206500-1377265321_thumb.j

Last week I just aquired a 10mm Delos, so now I'm looking at this (no doubt superb) eyepiece wondering if I even want it! Wondering if a in fact a 12mm Delos would actually fit better in my line up and this would just sit in between 2 Delos' getting neglected :/ weird situation.

Archived