NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

February Sky at Night solar images

JamesF

Only just got around to watching the programme tonight as I've been waiting to record it from BBC4 and was away over the weekend.

I think I'm right in saying that some of Alexandra's solar images were used regularly during the programme, so well done Alexandra. Very nice to see :)

James

Hi,

My Mum (in her 80s) rang me last night to say that it had been on and the pictures looked like the ones I take. Just watched it on iPlayer, well done you Alexandra for getting some superb pictures on the telly.

Robin

Only just got around to watching the programme tonight as I've been waiting to record it from BBC4 and was away over the weekend.

I think I'm right in saying that some of Alexandra's solar images were used regularly during the programme, so well done Alexandra. Very nice to see :)

James

Yes.. I thought it was an encouraging coincidence with the acquisition of the PST's James :grin:

Some cracking images on there.. nice one Alexandra :icon_salut:

Indeed - fab photos. it's great and a real testament to them that the presenters of S@N are continuing in the vane and memory of Patrick Moore, as actual observers/imagers themselves. you can tell this when you hear them speak. they clearly have a job to do but are just like us.

I was speaking to Pete Lawrence at a recent star party and he was a really lovely bloke, down to Earth and not afraid of talking about his own disasters (I was relaying the unfortunate dropping of a a 12" OTA that I bought off someone there - the seller dropped it not me - still bought it though - just need to do a star test before sending the rest of the cash).

Archived