NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheeky Saturn

long_arms

Hello :)

Stayed up last night, I had a tiiiiny observing session. Then came in only to see that it would be clear in the morning. So I stayed up and around 4 set everything up for a pass at Saturn again.

Conditions were poor, but I dont see them improving with Saturn so low so no need to moan.

My camera seems to have gotten even more filthy... I really need to sort it instead of wimping out!!!

Anyway this is I believe around 4000 frames stacked then cropped. Only the first avi I've gone through but I dont see it improving.

Taken with 200p, with standard 2x barlow and a massive homemade extension tube (how far can i push this barlow aha?). With point grey firefly mono, no filters.

post-26081-0-02398400-1360267815_thumb.p

Dan

Thankyou very much :) Yes Im very happy. Think I should go elsewhere for saturn though, I could no longer see it behind my neighbours house by eye, but it was still on the screen. Couldnt understand how the telescope was seeing it tbh :p

Havent done any resampling or drizzling for once this is original size. (forgot to mention that)

Dan

Hi Dan,

nice image that and very similar to mine produced with almost identical equipment (below for comparison):

gallery_26731_2368_49463.png

I did do a little post processing in Gimp to denoise and smooth.

Your skies a good bit darker, which is not surprising as mine captured around 06:40hrs on 6th - I also imaged with a red filter (accidently left on after Jupiter run the previous evening). Hopefully I'll get another run on this tomorrow am and now have my IR-PASS ready for a go. I'll pm you a note on how this filter works, though lunar, Jupiter and Venus are probably better territory for this.

Jake

Archived