NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maplins Flight Case on Offer again

Bizibilder

Is this the one you can fit a HEQ5 PRO head in do you know?

Yes. I use the same size case for mine, but I got mine in a pack of 3 without the foam.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes. I use the same size case for mine, but I got mine in a pack of 3 without the foam.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The largest case in the three pack is marginally larger than the stand alone foam packed one ... I'm not saying it won't fit, just beware :)

Bagged one of these a few days back for my growing collection of EPs. The foam is pretty good quality and is diced. I got the smaller of the cases. Was also wondering on the HEQ5 pro head but it looks very tight and not sure of the cases weight rating. Also the guy showed me a bigger case made of very tough plastic ( like a Samsonite ) that would take a HEQ5 head and seemed bullet proof. I think he said it was priced at £49.

I can fit my entire imaging train into one of these (just about) fully assembled (Atik, filter wheel, OAG and flattener) and also 3 eyepieces, collimation tools and a coma corrector.

Great piece of kit.

Shame about the Heq5, would be nice if a 2nd one could fit with that plus a few cables.

Anton

Cheers for the replies. Am home now and measured it up and like JamesF says if it did fit I wouldn't have room for foam so will keep looking for a bigger one.

I keep my underwater camera and kit in a pelicase but that works out really expensive.

I'm sure if I go and buy more EP's then I will need a nice Maplins case for them....yeah, that's the answer more kit.

That big beefy one in black (high ipact case on offer at 39.99) is what I keep my GPDX mount in - it's really tough and comes with masses of quality foam - layers of eggbox style stuff and then a big slab of lighter diced stuff. The smaller ones in silverwould just about hold the mount but they're not particularly robust for something as heavy as a mount. Might pick another one up for eyepieces, so thanks for the alert!

I picked one up yesterday, and for the price, they're pretty decent! I'll definetly buy another when I run out of space.

If there are any students reading this, you can also pick up NUS discount from Maplins, and save a further odd 7%.

Regards,

m12

Bought and just finished fitting EPs.

There is a slight flex in the body and lid of the case. However, I do not intend to throw the case around! So should not be a problem. Comes with diced foam in a single sheet, which is easy to extract.

Overall, very happy!

Just ordered one myself. I think this one might end up being for my non-DSLR imaging kit. Fought off the temptation to order another to account for eyepiece expansion, but there's still a week on the offer yet and it is my birthday this week :)

James

Archived