Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My latest attempts with the SPC900 & Jupiter

tingting44

Hi guys, had a really good night saturday night, it was lovely and crystal clear (the best ive seen in ages), i got shed loads of data for a change, planetary and DSO so was a lovely night for a change lol

here is a few of my Jupiter images from saturday night, x4 barlow, firecapture, from 4-5min avi's

8444658354_934bec2457_o.jpg

Jup_IR_202208_pipp by tingting44, on Flickr

8444657880_690dc4f6ca_o.jpg

Jup_IR_200831_pipp by tingting44, on Flickr

caught the moon gaynmede in this one too

8444652896_4981d06df4_o.jpg

X4!!! 30_01_2013 09_40_37 PM_pipp STACK PS by tingting44, on Flickr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice going there Ting well done, maybe FLO could do a raffle on here for some gear, ie new 14" SCT 6" Frac etc ?, if they sold enough tickets it would covwer the costs, say £20 per ticket = 300 tickets to sell.

I have yet to image a transit or moon that close yet but i live in hope.

Thanks Ewan mate for your kind comments :)

thats a lovely pic in your aviator btw! very crisp, was that taken with your C8 (everywhere i look now i seem to see people with either, C8's,C9.25's,C11's or C14!!!! NOT THAT IM JELOUS one bit!!! :(

ohhh i could see the FLO raffle going down a HIT!!! i know ill be entering every time! imaging getting a C14 delivered in the post from winning from say a £30 ticket lol i think id have a heart attack!!! and so would my postman lol

you had many clear nights over there in sussex Ewan? its suppose to be clear tonight but not looking great right now :( i hope it is tho as i reallllly want to try these new capture setting ive got for the SPC900NC :(

Hiya Ting, my avatar was from my very 1st RGB set on my first run, pretty luck tbh, i was dreading using the filter whell, forgetting what way i had turned it, timing etc but all in all was fun evening.

Yes it was taken with my C8, f/30, yet to buy my next scope but i am interested in a frac of some kind, maybe a William Optics Zenithstar 70 ED or similar, i will have to browse here & see what gives good results etc.

Yes i see a lot of SCT's on here, used to get a bad rep from what i have read but with reducers etc they become a little more versatile.

I still have my old TASCO 114mm reflector in the attic (poor old thing) & never really had a lot of time to use it, only ever did observing & no AP, suprising little scope really.

I see you have the 7D, very nice camera, do you not use that with your 130p ? your scope is pretty quick @ f/5 have you not tried any DSO's ?

Maybe FLO may see the raffle thingy & think about it, maybe a smaller scope C9.25 GoTo or a nice frac ?

I keep nipping to the window but still cloudy here but ill keep checking.

Keep up the imaging Ting as for an SPC900NC that's a good image.

All the best

Hiya Ting, my avatar was from my very 1st RGB set on my first run, pretty luck tbh, i was dreading using the filter whell, forgetting what way i had turned it, timing etc but all in all was fun evening.

Yes it was taken with my C8, f/30, yet to buy my next scope but i am interested in a frac of some kind, maybe a William Optics Zenithstar 70 ED or similar, i will have to browse here & see what gives good results etc.

Yes i see a lot of SCT's on here, used to get a bad rep from what i have read but with reducers etc they become a little more versatile.

I still have my old TASCO 114mm reflector in the attic (poor old thing) & never really had a lot of time to use it, only ever did observing & no AP, suprising little scope really.

I see you have the 7D, very nice camera, do you not use that with your 130p ? your scope is pretty quick @ f/5 have you not tried any DSO's ?

Maybe FLO may see the raffle thingy & think about it, maybe a smaller scope C9.25 GoTo or a nice frac ?

I keep nipping to the window but still cloudy here but ill keep checking.

Keep up the imaging Ting as for an SPC900NC that's a good image.

All the best

Hi :) wow very nice for a 1st run with and with RGB too! i cant wait till i learn to use filters and wheels etc :D

yes a nice frac would be better for DSO imaging right? ive just been spending all my time at present looking at SCT's lol

you should get the old TASCO out and give that a blast for a bit of AP lol :D be nice if u get some decent results :D

Thank you, yes i got the 7D, i do get a bit scared leaving out to the dew some nights, id cry if it died lol, i did how ever take a few DSO subs the same noght i took these, by far my best night for dso imaging also, here is the link here to the topic :)

http://stargazerslou...est-m42-so-far/

hope FLO think about it, it would be great, you should make a topic haha :D even a C8 id be happy with loool not that im fussy or anything :D

all the best buddy

Martin

edit, thanks incredible hulk :)

Tingting,

Very good results on the SPC & 130P, particularly the third image and I imagine you have a fair bit of LP to deal with around Southampton (unless dark skying around the New Forest). I shot nearly 30,000 frames on Jupiter on Saturday night (mono), but probably only stacked 20-25% overall as getting a lot of atmospheric distortion, especially after 22:00hrs. Visually though it was great though with excellent transparency and Jupiter looked bright and stunning to around 125x on my SWE200P.

Its cleared up outside tonight, but there's a fair and very cold wind blowing - so hoping for another go tomorrow!

Jake

Hey Jake

Thanks for your kind comments on my pics buddy :) i have to put up with just a tad of light pollution, look at this rediculous thing at the back of my garden!! ITS A JOKE! :( but every image i have taken is from my garden spot, just took this quick point and shoot pic to show you my garden sun....erm i mean horrid lamp post :(

8448113217_67fcdbfe0d_z.jpg

IMG_6310 by tingting44, on Flickr

but yes hoping to get out to the new forest veryyy soon lol only been out there once with the scope and i didnt really know too much about the scope then let alone imaging :(

wow nice on shooting 30k frames!!! what camera have you got? must be shooting some nice fps :D id love to get an ASI120MM mhhhh :)

cant wait to see your images when you have completed them, will keep an eye out for sure jake :D

yes i looked out earlier also, saw jupiter, orion cluster etc but a lot of clouds rolling in, so a no go also here :(

hows your lp over the pond there at the isle of white? must be better then here :(

all the best

Martin

Hi Tingting,

As everyone has said, you have some really nice captures there. There is some really nice detail coming through in image 3. Well done!

As far as the lamp post at the bottom of your garden, it would be worth a polite inquiry to your local council to ask if a shield could be put on it to stop the light pollution into your property. You would probably have better luck if you said it was disturbing your, or your childs sleep, rather than you would like a dark garden for astronomy. Worth a quick e-mail at least. Some councils are very helpful.

Here's to more clear nights!

Thanks Bryan :) really happy with the outcome, and hoping to better them with new capture settings im dying to try too

yes each week i keep meaning to phone the council to see about a light shield, but it never seems to happen, i must get the wife to do it she is good on the phone lol, ive seen a few people have been granted a light shield on here, one guy from bournemouth actually if memory recalls, also it does shine through my blinds in the bedroom so it is kind of distrurbing me, must at least ask soon tho your right

defo to clear skies!!

Martin

Tingting,

Even more impressed - given the street lighting you're contending with. Bryans advice above is good and have seen a couple of very positive threads over the last 3-4 weeks where councils have responded and fitted light shields - think one of these also had a quick guide on submitting the complaint. A quick search on 'Council' should find this.

I posted my bits up in beginning imaging - not as pretty as yours though! Still I now have a filter wheel, IR-PASS and a replacement colour webcam (TS Astro CCD - which is based on the same CCD as the SPC900NC). I'll stick with the Firefly and try LRGB first as the frame rates are stunning, though never done any post processing on this so it will probably be a slow process. I can't afford the photoshop so probably have to play around in GIMP for the Layering if I can find a reasonable tutorial. Not really too worried about the final results at this stage, more getting a handle on the processes as I'm only cutting my teeth on this at the moment.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow - hope to see some more images from your side posted up soon and maybe a positive result from the Council.

Good luck - Jake

Archived