Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My best M42 so far

tingting44

Hi guys, had a really good night saturday night, it was lovely and crystal clear (the best ive seen in ages), i got shed loads of data for a change, planetary and DSO so was a lovely night for a change lol

This is the 1st time i have taken proper darks and bias also, might even give flats a go in a bit where the sky is very bright at the moment,

total of around 8mins total data (100 x 5 second subs), 50 darks, 25 bias, flats to come, ISO2000 captured with canon 7D, also finally learning curves a bit more now and i can start to see how powerful a tool curves can actually be :)

http://www.astrobin.com/31781/

Nice image tingting - well done - good amount of detail around the trapezium showing.

Welcome to the slippery slope of astro-imaging!

Looking forward to seeing more from you in future.

Steve

Evening Steve,

Thank you for your kind words :) i was hoping for some clear skies tonight to try and get a LOT more subs maybe a little higher ISO with more darks too...? and going to try an exposure of around 10-15 secs and hopefully will be able to get rid of star trailing in PP

Thanks its great to be on board this fascinating roller coaster :D

Nice one plenty of detail for 5sec subs showing the trapezium.Once the bug gets a grip it doesnt let go, but its a good bug.One tip you dont want to subtract darks and bias from your lights as the darks contain bias so you end up subtracting bias twice which results in putting a bias inverse into the lights.However when you use flats you want to subtract the bias from the flats.Hope this helps

Nice one plenty of detail for 5sec subs showing the trapezium.Once the bug gets a grip it doesnt let go, but its a good bug.One tip you dont want to subtract darks and bias from your lights as the darks contain bias so you end up subtracting bias twice which results in putting a bias inverse into the lights.However when you use flats you want to subtract the bias from the flats.Hope this helps

Hi Andy

thanks for your kind comments :) im defo getting the bug i think thats for sure lol

very interesting about the darks and subs!!! so where im not taking any flats at present i only want to use the darks right with my current lights...saves a bit of work till i start getting practice on flats :) thanks for that

Well done... keep going :)

Thanks coco, the train is now rolling lool :D

Archived