NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC443 - Jellyfish - with 314L+ and 1000D

Sp@ce_d

Been using this to trial PixInsight and I've got to the point I might as well share it with you before I over process it even more and have to start again as I usually do! All comments welcome...

Data:

ZS66 & 314L+

24 Ha x 600

13 R x 300

13 G x 300

8 B x 300

80ED & 1000D

80 x 300

Most of it done with PixInsight apart from registration for which I used Registar (PI's Dynamic Alignment just crashed PI every time I tried to work it out!) and PS CS3 for layers. Think I'll be adding PI to the toolset though, certainly enjoying the workflow with it.

Here's the data from the 314L+

and the 314L+ and 1000D blended

post-11176-0-78235900-1359298295_thumb.j

post-11176-0-67587200-1359298355_thumb.j

So you don't overprocess your images and have to start over, PI has a project option that saves the state of PI. That includes history so if you realize you overprocessed then, it can be undone at a later date. A very nice image as well.

Jacob

Aha.. thanks for that tip Jacob... so much to learn about PI.. I'm getting to quite like it though.

Lovely :)

Thanks Gina.. getting the Atik has made such a difference to the quality of my data. Just so frustrated at how bad the weather has been since I got it. You're turning out some cracking stuff with yours too I see.

Nice image. If forced to chose then it would be the lone 314 version.

Good star colour showing and nice control other than that damn big one. Every one struggles with that I think. ( Eta I believe )

I'd quite like a peep at the Ha version. I have a feeling there's more stretching to be done as a stand alone image :cool:

Dave.

Nice image. If forced to chose then it would be the lone 314 version.

Good star colour showing and nice control other than that damn big one. Every one struggles with that I think. ( Eta I believe )

I'd quite like a peep at the Ha version. I have a feeling there's more stretching to be done as a stand alone image :cool:

Dave.

Thanks.. No problem let me find it & I'll PM you a link

Good to see someone else having a good go at the CCD/DLSR combo.

Did you try combining some of the Ha as luminence with the DSLR data? Im finding it hard to choose between the versions you posted, but maybe a little less sharpening is in order because youve picked up some dark halos on a few of your stars. Also, being as youre using two cameras - you might be better served by upping the DSLR time to 10 min subs for every project you so youre not fighting for signal so much during processing.

Oh, what I did too was to register the DSLR to the CCD, though you may have to work on star sizes in the DSLR version so it wont show when layered in. Noels "make stars smaller" does the trick quite nicely.

Have a go at pointing your setup at a bright reflection nebula (M45, M42) and you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Thanks Gina.. getting the Atik has made such a difference to the quality of my data. Just so frustrated at how bad the weather has been since I got it. You're turning out some cracking stuff with yours too I see.

Thank you :) Yes, the Atik is amazing - very pleased with it :) And I agree wholeheartedly about the weather - dreadful :(

Archived