Hi from n.ireland newbie

stevieR

Hi everyone, im new to this forum. I started out 3 years ago observing. I bought myself an eq5 and evostar 120 which i had loads of fun with and then after getting hooked i bought a cracking heq5 PRO synscan off ebay at a steal only 1 year old.since then ive been gathering all the stuff i need for guiding. Recently purchased an st80(need guide rings) a spc900 webcam, the wifes 500d. anyone know where i can get some reasonably price guid rings for my st80? Also ill need some advice as to how i go about setting up my rig for imaging. Thanks guys.

Hi Stevie,

Welcome to SGL.

I purchased my guide rings from opticstar, an astro shop based in Salford near Manchester. There website is brilliant. George and Peter are really helpful and they wont sell you equipment, just for the sake of making money. I advise you to phone them up, and im sure they will help you.

Hope this helps.

Grant.....

Archived