Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all.....

tommo b

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I've a background in photography but would love to get into AP in a big way. Really need to knuckle down & do some proper research!

I've started compiling a wishlist at long last. Deternined that this is the year I get my act together.........

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I've a background in photography but would love to get into AP in a big way. Really need to knuckle down & do some proper research!

I've started compiling a wishlist at long last. Deternined that this is the year I get my act together.........

In that case I'd recommend having a read of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" if you haven't already. Well worth it.

James

Hi Tommo and welcome to the forum. It's never dull on here that's for sure and there are a lot of people within the sections that are very willing to share their experiences and knowledge which makes this forum a great place to be. Nothing worse than having a new piece of kit and not sure how to deal with a problem that has arisen. Hopefully you will find it very easy to stay. :smiley:

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Well, given my previous form, I'll not be happy parting with hard cash until I've done some thorough research! I'm relying on the knowledgable members to keep me right.

I've already parted with a lot of gear (lenses, cameras...etc.) in preparation. I've kept my old 40D as it's always been a favourite - along with some of what I refer to as my 'happy' lenses.

I'm well aware of the steep learning curve with AP, so I'm happy to start off with a decent mount/scope on their own - but hopefully add motor drives & whatever else is needed for imaging at a later date.

Am I right in thinking that a DSLR would be more suitable for DSO imaging?.....

Archived