My new toy...........

nephilim

After what seems like saving forever (well 3 weeks) I finally picked up my nearly new 200p/EQ5. We woke up this morning only to find the clouds had emptied their snow everywhere & we had a 80mile journey to do. Undetered we set off & made it to the pick up point. WOW, ive seen many photos of the 200p on an EQ5 & knew it'd be a 'bit' bigger than my 130m/EQ2 but........Its massive!! It was £400, yes i know they're £415 brand new but this came with the ra & dec dual motors fitted, the upgraded alt & lat bolts, a telrad base (handy as i'm keeping my 130mm & my Telrad base is on that, so I can now swap it between scopes). It also came with a handy little diy polarscope light which is basically a red LED inside a plumbing joint with a little battery box & switch which fits nicely over the polarscope and illuminates the reticule for easier PA.

post-26695-0-49388400-1358524703_thumb.ppost-26695-0-95730500-1358524713_thumb.p

MY plan with this set up is to modify the motor to accept an ST4 port for guiding & a cheap way into AP, I'll be using the130mm to start with as its a much lighter scope & once i've more experience give the 200p a go. If it doent work out I've still got a great visual scope & i'm very happy :grin: Now i've just got to put up with the months of cloud that fell out of the scope when i took the dust cap off :eek:

Steve

Thanks everyone, yeah, sorry about the cloud they escaped b4 I could get em :grin: Forgot to add, got a Bahtinov mask throw in too, its got a crack in it but glued up & as it was free I wasnt guna say no :grin:

Great scope mate, glad you got one. Here's to having great nights with it.

Rob.

Cheers Rob, cant believe how big & heavy the thing is so god knows what the NEQ6 is like haha.

Cheers Rob, cant believe how big & heavy the thing is so god knows what the NEQ6 is like haha.

I got my ST80 in the post this morning, lovely feeling when you see boxes like that. Next on the list is a NEQ6 :unsure:

Mine didn't come with clouds, they were already here with snow in them :(

Rob.

I got my ST80 in the post this morning, lovely feeling when you see boxes like that. Next on the list is a NEQ6 :unsure:

Mine didn't come with clouds, they were already here with snow in them :(

Rob.

Nice one mate :grin: .....Just need the clear skies now!!

Sometimes I envy the smaller scopes... NEQ6 is *ahem* heavy enough to put me off getting it out if it's a bit slippery under foot. I bet the 200P is lighter than it looks, too.

The scope itself is pretty light but the EQ5 compred to my EQ2 is a beast, cant imagine the weight of the NEQ6, although i'll be finding out next year as this new setup is the one that'll keep me going until I've got more £££ :evil:

Nice one, mate. I have the same scope...it's great!! Let's see how long it takes before you start adding accessories... biggrin.gif

Haha, it wont take long mate as its got a 2" adapter i'm on the lookout for a nice low mag widefield ep. First on my neverending list though is a Canon eos450D :grin:

Archived