Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Turn left at orion

I am with ganemede12 on this one, much prefer books.

Me too. I make quite a few "margin" notes in my copy and page markers all over the place. I've only had it a couple of months and it's looking "used" already. Just love it :smiley:

I have this book in hard back , its extremely helpfull and hardwearing , its especialy good for observing using smaller telescopes, i started out using a 70mm refractor ( incidenty i found my first planet with this scope...saturns rings were amazing ) the book has detialed descriptions and easy to folow instructions on finding objects, it also has planet and moon phase details. happy reading :)

Newer 'physical' version also has the ring binder on the spine....very handy when you are out observing...also the book is quite large which I am sure would not translate that well onto an electronic version. bene using it for about a year now..and has helped me see heaps of objects with binoculars.

Got both , but the ring binder version is way better you can read it with a red light , try doin it on a kindle , and its hard to see the diagrams on the ebook version unless you have a ipad then you can ruin your night vision as well :grin:

In the case of 'Turn Left to Orion' in particular a paper book will be paper...images and diagrams are much clearer and guess what ...you can always scribble and highlight. I'm not a big fan of electronic scribbling. In the end, it's a personal choice - I personally prefer paper books.

With my kindle I tend to try and avoid anything with lots of diagrams or pictures in, which of course this book has. The decider for me was that the book was going to get used outside a lot too in potentially not very electronics friendly environments.

Archived