Hi from Corby

Weetattoo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Weetattoo and welcome to SGL, let us know what type of scope you have, then if you happen to run into any difficulties we would be in a better position to help you out. If you have not already done so, download the free program Stellarium it will help you find your way about the night sky and a copy of Turn Left @ Orion is also popular choice in helping to find targets to observe in the Constellations throughout the year, enjoy your new scope :)

John.

Hi Thanks again guys.

Well it would seem I can't have a sig at the mo. So here's a list of what I have at the mo.

Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ.

X2 Barlow, 10mm and 20mm eyepiece.

Solar Filter, Moon Filter.

T-adapter for my canon 5dmkII.

Just been out looking at the moon, let's just say I'm blown away with the detail.

Allan

Hi Weetattoo and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting yourself a scope and on your observing success with Jupiter no less! Just a quick question, you mention a solar filter in your kit list, can I ask you what type you have, as viewing the sun can be potentially dangerous if you don't have the correct gear. Unfortunately there is a lot of filters out there that do not provide the correct protection and I would rather be judged a nosey busy-body than you damage your eyes. :smiley:

Clear skies

James

Hi Weetattoo and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting yourself a scope and on your observing success with Jupiter no less! Just a quick question, you mention a solar filter in your kit list, can I ask you what type you have, as viewing the sun can be potentially dangerous if you don't have the correct gear. Unfortunately there is a lot of filters out there that do not provide the correct protection and I would rather be judged a nosey busy-body than you damage your eyes. :smiley:

Clear skies

James

Hi James,

Its baader solar film. http://www.baader-planetarium.com/sofifolie/sofi_start_e.htm

Busy body? No..I would rather someone step in than go blind.

Thanks

Allan

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Archived