Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Seeing tonight :( !

long_arms

Sorry not sure where to put this topic...

Just came in after having half an hour to get some frames of Jupiter before the clouds rolled in.

Looking over the avi's...Jupiter is boiling like water in a kettle!

I am relatively new to this hobby but I've never experienced seeing like it, my scope was cooled well enough to know it wasn't turbulence in the tube.

Anyone else noticed this tonight? Deleting all these avi's is painful :(

Dan

since about 17:30, we've had the most appalling fog roll in ...

Same here, looked out at about 18.30, and while you could see some stars, and Jupiter shining brightly, the amount of moisture in the air was astounding. Low and behold, I look out again to see if it was clearing... and the fog has rolled in.

Yep started well, we had x300 on the belts with details of curled strands in the split areas of the belt ( rear of GRS). Then increasing clag and an awful orange glow from the NE followed by fog put an end to the viewing. Never seen such an awful sky, can only get better,

Nick.

ive not seen such an orange glow since starting this hobby ,terrible. all all started off so well too !

By Orange glow do you mean light pollution?

I suppose its easy to take for granted the fact that I still saw a different world tonight, just frustrating as I had plans for my best image yet :(

As you say the skies can only get better...just hope they do soon! Been getting up at 5am most days, still not been able to set up for Saturn.

Dan

By Orange glow do you mean light pollution?

I suppose its easy to take for granted the fact that I still saw a different world tonight, just frustrating as I had plans for my best image yet :(

As you say the skies can only get better...just hope they do soon! Been getting up at 5am most days, still not been able to set up for Saturn.

Dan

im not entirely sure, i went out and found only jupiter was viewable with the naked eye everything else was burried under orange,then jupiter vanished within minutes,so i guess the l/p was reflecting off the moisture and high clouds. what ever it was annoying because it was very clear an hour before. the scope was soaked like it had been raining !

since about 17:30, we've had the most appalling fog roll in, did have a walk round town with the dslr and tripod for a clear bit, but nope, it's like out of those old horror movies!

On the outskirts of Oxford is was clear until about 20:30 so managed to get a couple of captures of Jupiter. However, seeing how poor the seeing was I'm not sure I should have bothered as it was like looking through a burbling stream.

Archived