Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More LP problems

bomberbaz

Yes I have read this one here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/173137-light-pollution-good-results/ and intend following the procedure as per for the 2 strelamps that polute my garden. However my problem extends from the hotel over the road.

My garden is next to the road guarded by a 6 foot fence. Over the road and literally 10 yeards away are the hotel flagpoles, no problems thre. But they illuminate these flags by using five, sky pointing spotlamps that churn out about 2500 watts of power and blotch out a huge area of sky with white light. Last night it was horrendous and really showed its worst due to the mist and it actually lit my garden up due to the reflective nature of the mist. :mad:

Does anyone know what I can do about it and how I should proceed ?

Baz

Does the lighting encroach on to your house and specifically your bedroom? If so you can argue that the lighting is making it difficult for you to sleep properly. I wouldn't mention astronomy if I were you.

I have jst spoken to the local council and it is thought they dont have planning permission for the spots. So a lady whom I have dealt with before is looking into it for me, so I have sent her pictures and she is going to investigate. If they don't have planning permission, they will be forced to switch them off. I do so hope they don't have the permission. :evil:

Also the county council are investigating my LP enquiry regarding the two streetlamps nearby and I should hear back from them in 5 days to further the enquiry. :smiley:

However the main one are those blumming spotlamps, unbelievable last night and really need to sort them out.

Baz

I agree with John about not mentioning astronomy as they may just see it as spoiling your hobby which they may not care about but affecting your sleep is something else entirely - it's affecting your quality of life and enjoyment of property.

this http://www.environmental-protection.org.uk/neighbourhood-nuisance/light-pollution/ seems quite informative.

But they illuminate these flags by using five, sky pointing spotlamps that churn out about 2500 watts of power and blotch out a huge area of sky with white light. Last night it was horrendous and really showed its worst due to the mist and it actually lit my garden up due to the reflective nature of the mist. :mad:

Good grief!

Please don't tell me they are all the same flag lit up at night. That would add even more insult to injury.

Good luck with sorting it out.

wow these people aren't messing about. Local council are going to be looking at street lamps within next week and get back to me. The planning lady said she should hear something and report back by Friday. Fingers crossed :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news, council cant do about the dam spotlights. So I am going to write a nice letter to the Hotel people and see if they can do anything about it. Either put them on a time to go off at midnight, use lower powered bulbs or put defusers over the lens.

Maybe in the interest of good neighbour relations, they might just do someting. Anyone else got any ideas before I do this?

Baz

Archived