Hi from Salisbury UK

portobellokev

Found you from a websearch, and to sum up I've got 'all the gear but no idea'

I grew up in west london and as kid had the usual old binocularas and dixons Tasco telescope finally gave up trying to see anything past the streetlights and discovered girls (as you do :-) )

Now well grown with kids of my own and keen to get them into something worthwhile.

I bought an Meade ETX125EC and accessories a few years back but failed to get to grips with the setup etc.

Now newly insprired by Decembers Sky and Telescope magazine and having just bought a secondhand Canon DSLR on ebay I'm ready to get going again.

I will no doubt ask many dumb and previously answered questions (i will try and look for answers first)

so hello to all

Hi Kev and welcome to SGL, you did not say whether you had still had your scope, if so you might find "Weasoner`s world of the mighty ETX" of some help, plenty of information on there about the scope, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Archived