Hello from Northern Norway

Pan

Greetings all

My HeQ5 Pro had to be modified mechanically to be able to rise up my scope to 68 degrees north for alignment. So I guess this says something about where I live. In the wintertime daylight is restricted to 5-6 ours, which makes lots of opportunities for star gazing, if weather or Aurora Borealis don't interfere. In the summer we have sun all ours and have to find other activities.

I am still climbing at the lower end of the astro learning curve. Last night I made my first dslr images trough my SW 120 ED, guided by PHD and a Neximage cam through the scope finder. Cant beat the feeling of finally getting all the bits and wires to work together, and producing images my own images.

This forum is great, lots of help and inspiration to find!

Bernhard

post-9977-0-81136500-1357406433_thumb.jp

:smiley: Nothing wrong with a bit of northern light, but it tends to ruin your evening when your all fired up for the less visible stuff up there. This pic was shot outside my house before Christmas while I was hoping to see the Andromeda.

Some nights theres no activity, others the hole sky is glowing.

Hi Bernhard and welcome to the forum. Great image above by the way and goes to show that there are many advantages and disadvantages in astronomy no matter where you live - with the exception of the Atacama desert :grin:

Wishing you clear skies for your imaging and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Bernhard and a warm welcome to the SGL community from me too :)

Having the aurora outside your house, is pretty cool. You are very lucky! We can't see Andromeda for dark, grey, lifeless cloud.

:laugh:

Archived