SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Lincolnshire!

MakkaPakka1

With my first night if proper stargazing with my new Skywatcher 130, I was truly amazed and inspired with what I saw. I am looking forward to finding a nice big part of dark fenland sky to observe these miracles. Jupiter was my first easy find and I was gobsmacked at the clarity of the planet and her moons.

I came across this forum, and am looking forward to gaining skills and reading up on tips and stuff to look out for. What a great site it is. So many amazing images. I can't wait for the next clear night now!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly do. It really makes you appreciate just how small and insignificant we are.compared to the expanse of the universe. I think I've found something else to bleed me of money (aside the wife and kids!).

Its a nick name that had stuck like mud. I'll definitely be in the night garden if the stars are out. Weather seems fine in Lincoln now so fingers crossed.

I'll enquire about cleethorpes, it is a bit of a trek but it'd be nice to meet with people with a common interest.

Many thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hi & welcome :)

Coningsby is one of my favourite places to visit (for the big grey pointy things) :lol:

there are some lovely dark skys there, i go by Tattershall Castle for some wide sky images when i visit.

Such a warm welcome! Thanks :D

Tonight is going well for a beginner like moi. Jupiter was splendid, Orion nebula was awesome, and now managed to find andromeda! I want more he he.

Archived