Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Lincolnshire!

MakkaPakka1

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge and experience here to keep you on your toes and to get you up and running. If you haven't seen this already, you might want to download some free planetarium software called Stellarium which you read about here. It has lots of great features to help you both find objects and to help identify those your discover. Stellarium can be calibrated to your exactly viewing location in order to simulate an exact copy the real sky in real time that you will be observing. Lastly, it has a useful advance date/time feature that will allow you to view the night sky ahead of time to see what is coming up, which is particularly useful if part of your sky is obstructed in any way.

Clear skies

James

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in for the night now. Dew got the better of my scope.

Ye, I've been looking at stellarium for a few weeks now, it seems a very useful tool. Looking forward to seeing as many things as I can.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Archived