NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

15mm Starguider ED

bingevader

As they appear to be a design by Astro-Tech I wonder who in the company came up with them.

Whoever it was many thanks for the design.

What it has done for me is make me look at other Astro Tech accessories.

My one "wish" - they make a 4mm and a 6mm as well. Just for the little bit more and that little bit less at the times when possible and necessary.

I bought the 12mm a couple of months ago. I was thinking about the Pentax XF, but a cloudy nights review suggested the BST was better. So far, I've been impressed. Well built and very well priced.

Different focal length, obviously, but how do you rate it aganst your 15mm TV plossl?

I would say it is as good, both are excellent. Fair to say that F10 is not that demanding though. The 60deg view through the BST is really nice. Planning to get some bino viewers and will double up on the 12 mm BST and the 15 mm TV as I already the singles. The BSTs look to be a good way to kit out a bino viewer.

Archived