Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EM200 out of the box

Arrived a day late last Thursday. OOh it's quite nice! :shock: The mahogany tripod looks like it must have left a big clearing in the rain forest - 3 massive, solid legs which are non extendable to further enhance rigidity.

The engineering quality is on a different plane to anything I'm used to - fit and finish are just perfect. I connected it to the laptop and Starry Night more or less 1st go and then just had a happy half hour slewing my ED120 from target to target. Not that I could see anything through the cloud, just enjoyed listening to the motors purring.

I have now ordered The Sky 6 pocket edition and a serial to blue tooth adapter so that I can run it off my PDA. The Temma goto doesn't have a handset, it has to be operated from a laptop or PDA!

Will do a review once I have used it in anger - so that'll be about December at this rate.

Just wondering what the potential is for members to submit short video clips of Astro related subjects.

Is Stargazrs video capable or not, and if not, could it be made so. Mind you, I have no Idea if the interest in such a thing would be great or small. No doubt I will get the answer soon. It's just that I would have enjoyed seeing this new mount and it's operation as you put it through it's first slewing operations. Of course I also am aware that this proposal might be ludicrous in view of bandwidth limits, large file sizes etc.

Sorry for slipping this into your Post MB.

Ron. :D

Just wondering what the potential is for members to submit short video clips of Astro related subjects.

Is Stargazrs video capable or not, and if not, could it be made so. Mind you, I have no Idea if the interest in such a thing would be great or small. No doubt I will get the answer soon. It's just that I would have enjoyed seeing this new mount and it's operation as you put it through it's first slewing operations. Of course I also am aware that this proposal might be ludicrous in view of bandwidth limits, large file sizes etc.

Sorry for slipping this into your Post MB.

Ron. :D

Its all possible through Stargazrs Ron, can also embed the videos in the forum!

Would love to see some pictures and possibly video Martin! It sounds awesome!

Hey Martin,

Well done. I couldn't afford a new one so hung around for five years until one came up second hand !

One thing I've learned so far is - POLAR ALIGN. Take your time and recheck the bubble level hasn't moved. If you have your motors running it will. Doh. Only power up the polar scope. After a sync on just about anything, most of the sky falls close to the centre of a medium power eyepiece. If you get TPoint with the The Sky it's even better.

Have fun.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived