Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Brace yourself!

Uranium235

I would like to think I'm partly responsable for this possible clear spell as my pier adapter is still setting in concrete, and my mount is partially stripped. Kind of like the reverse effect of evoking cloud when you buy a new scope:D

I think its heading this way later on by looking at sat24. Ive just packed away becuase of too much passing cloud, lovely and clear in between - but no good for imaging (a bit like last night). Lets hope tomorrow turns out to be a good one :)

Might have another crack at imaging M81 again tomorrow night , had a go a couple of Fridays ago but the Moon was out and there was very thin cloud passing over, plus I'd like to compare the results using the same exposure time and subs.

Just checked again, yep my eyes do not deceive - this had better be true!

post-5513-0-42535600-1354651844_thumb.jp

I have some experimental work to be getting on with (CCD/DSLR) and tomorrow looks perfect. Last night I only managed to get 4 useable 10 min subs from each camera for half an M45 (going to be a 2 pane mosaic). Quite promising for such a small amount of data an no calibration.

post-5513-0-23410300-1354652121_thumb.jp

Well I cocked up tonight. Tried longer focal length on heart and soul, framing was "a bit tight" and I could have done better. Switched to shorter focal length for a widefield, went back to find a slight focus shift to ruin things. Saw half the sky covered in cloud so packed up at that point and had a nice hot bath. Look outside again now, clearer than ever. Doh! Why do I do this?...

Archived