Hello everybody

Freddy L

Hello I'm a young amateur astronomer (I'm 16) I've always been interested in watching the marvels of the Universe, I would like to be an Astrophysicist. I have a modest-low budget astronomic arsenal beacuse I'm young I and don't have much money. I live in Mexico but i buy m stuff on United States. I have an Astromaster 130eq, a Sony Cybershot DSC W-350, 5 or 6 color filters, a Moon filter and celestron 32,17,13,8, and 6mm plossl eyepieces. I cant take long exposure photographs so I just try with the planets and the Moon. I hope I can learn from you guys so I can improve my night observations and pictures :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Freddy. You'll find all the help and advice you'll ever need here, just ask. Do you get a fair amount of clear skies in your part of the world? As you may have gathered here in the UK clear skies have been few and far between so far this year!

Good luck :smiley:

Jason

Welcome Freddy. You'll find all the help and advice you'll ever need here, just ask. Do you get a fair amount of clear skies in your part of the world? As you may have gathered here in the UK clear skies have been few and far between so far this year!

Good luck :smiley:

Jason

Yes I do, winter sky means clear sky here, I would say 7 out of 10 nights are good nights to go out with your scope. The problem here is light pollution but I can always go to a fa away site and get excellent viewing conditions

Hi Freddy. Welcome to SGL. I would wish you clear skies but 7 out of 10 is pretty good. Purchased a new mount over 2 weeks ago and still had no chance to use it due to cloud but Wednesday night is looking good. Good to have you on board.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Thank you all! I promise I´ll try to go out on every clear night, but we have reasons to envy you too! You guys have the best music and football (yes, I love both your Music and your Football)

Well its 8:30 here, I´ll try to get another picture of Jupiter...

Archived