Greetings from Norway!

Neeken

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

What a surprise to find your post !

I Googled "telescope Norway" to see if anyone in my area was doing astrophotography in order to find a "buddy" wit the same interest in my region (Buskerud) .

I am 27 years old french guy living in Norway and I started doing astrophotography last year.

If you are in Buskerud we could maybe meet one night when I have time for it (wife and kids...).

It took over a year for me to get everything but I got some nice stuff :) (C9 edge HD, FSQ85 and Atik 4000 on a CGEM mount):

a04a7176-de68-437b-a75f-79b61f3ca972_resized.jpg

You'll find some of my pictures here: http://www.astrobin.com/users/Aware/

If you wanna see how it's like before you choose your scope I'll be happy to show you.

Another thing, DO NOT buy your scope in Norway. The prices are 2-3 times more expensive (Dinkikkert.no and all the other supplier) and you'll quickly understand that astrophotography is not a cheap thing to do...

The cheapest and most reliable place to buy your scope in Europe is Teleskop Express (German supplier), they are always available on the phone if you need help and ship your order a few hours after you paid.

Let me know if you are interested.

See you !

PS: Hello to everyone from Stargazers :) as it is my first post here.

Hey, thanks again folks, glad to have found this site :)

Hi,

I Googled "telescope Norway" to see if anyone in my area was doing astrophotography in order to find a "buddy" wit the same interest in my region (Buskerud) ......

Hey. Oh, really. That's quite funny. Well, I live in Tønsberg at the moment. Not too far away then.

Looks like a pretty sweet kit you have there.

But yea, I'm kind of getting that it's a lot more expensive than what I thought up untill yesterday. Heh..

I was thinking "oh, well.. All I need is a motor to compensate for the earths spin, a telescope, and a adapter to fit my DSLR on".

It seem more complicated than what I previously thought, or at least a whole lot more expensive.

So I'm very glad I went on here to get some pointers. Helped a lot already. Even though I'm still a bit confused over the matter.

Hei Ken and Aware,

Welcome to the lounge, no doubt you'll find plenty of good advice here and will look forward to seeing some of your shots in the future. Some truely amazing shots on Aware's astrobin website - might take a few more years to save up the cash and many years more practice, but who knows maybe one day!

Adjo - Jake

Hi there welcome to the forum!! If you date my mothers side of my family back 100's of years ago my family came from Norway... Interesting fact, I thought I would randomly share with everyone...

Hey there. Random facts are always appreciated ;)

Hi,

I Googled "telescope Norway" to see if anyone in my area was doing astrophotography in order to find a "buddy" wit the same interest in my region (Buskerud) .

I am 27 years old french guy living in Norway and I started doing astrophotography last year.

If you are in Buskerud we could maybe meet one night when I have time for it (wife and kids...).

It took over a year for me to get everything but I got some nice stuff :) (C9 edge HD, FSQ85 and Atik 4000 on a CGEM mount):

a04a7176-de68-437b-a75f-79b61f3ca972_resized.jpg

You'll find some of my pictures here: http://www.astrobin.com/users/Aware/

If you wanna see how it's like before you choose your scope I'll be happy to show you.

Another thing, DO NOT buy your scope in Norway. The prices are 2-3 times more expensive (Dinkikkert.no and all the other supplier) and you'll quickly understand that astrophotography is not a cheap thing to do...

The cheapest and most reliable place to buy your scope in Europe is Teleskop Express (German supplier), they are always available on the phone if you need help and ship your order a few hours after you paid.

Let me know if you are interested.

See you !

PS: Hello to everyone from Stargazers :) as it is my first post here.

Nice set up, welcome aboard

• 2 weeks later...

Archived