Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 LRGB again

MartinB

I imaged M31 at Kelling over 2 days getting the luminence Fri and colour Sat. Unfortunately the camera rotation was different for the colour which stuffed up the FOV. Managed to get some more colour on Thurs night from the back garden (not as good as Kelling). The colour is 30x1 min binned 2x2 for each. The luminence is 2 hours worth of of 3min subs.

ZS66 AP 0.67 reducer SXV H9. Captured and stacked with maxim. Processed with PS. Think I've over egged the outer bits. Processing is a bit of a challenge. Something to come back too during the cloudy nights but a least the raw data is ok now.

1650_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Now your just showing off martin!

Honestly though mate, thats a cracker of an image! Really envious of the lovely pics you keep churning out!

Keep up the good work martin!

Maybe one day i could join you for a whiskey on an imaging session and pick up some tips hehe :lol: (reminds me of kelling :D)

Darren :D

Thanks guys. I like the sound of that whisky session Darren, who cares if it's cloudy!

Ron, M31 is so big so that even at a focal length of 270mm the H9 struggles to get everything in. Might have a go with a 200mm camera lens next year

I also prefer the more subtle one. Actually, on my screen (this one isn't hardware calibrated) the blue/magenta and yellow still seems a bit over saturated so as an experiment I toned it down even more.

martinb - M31 LRGB Sept and Oct 07EDIT.jpg

I prefer it this way but its very subjective.

Archived