NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 - Triangulum Galaxy LRGB reprocess

x6gas

I've had another go at processing the M33 data that I captured earlier this month...

I really liked the understated colours in the image posted by Betelgeuze last month and while I haven't done anywhere near as good a job as him I think I've managed to sharpen it up quite a bit over my previous effort.

Still learning how to process, but I think I'm getting better so thanks for all the feedback.

This with my standard DSO kit: Atik 460ex, TS 90 APO on a CG-5, guided by an IMG0H and PHD.

Lum 30 x 600s & 4 x 1200s; R 5 x 600s; G 3 x 600; B 3 x 900

Stacked in AstroArt 5, processed with PhotoPlus X4.

Hope you like it!

gallery_11821_2145_1323250.png

Lovely :) I think you could probably take the background level down a little bit and improve the contrast. I have a few subs of this that might just be worth processing - still very litle chance of getting any fresh data :(

Thanks again for the comments...

Gina, I've had a go at pushing the image a bit harder but my taste is that this is too much. Think I need to aim somewhere between the second image and this one. Also need to work out how to preserve star colour - guess I need a star mask somewhere!

gallery_11821_2145_495540.png

Beautiful :) But yes, I agree just a little bit too much. I think you may just be getting a bit of black clipping. The white looks fine :)

Yeah definitely gone too far.

Actually the biggest issue I am finding is the de-saturation of the star colour... so I am going to try Russell Croman's tips and the DPP function in AstroArt to see if I can do a better job...

All a learning curve!

OK, last go at this one on this thread. I may go back to the data and start again, again... we'll see.

I went back to the beginning and experimented with the DDP in AstroArt. I didn't go mad with the stretches this time. I think I like it, but it's so hard to tell when you've been staring at it for hours on end. Other people's images are much more lovely!

gallery_11821_2145_155575.png

Archived