M31 collaboration with new core.

ollypenrice

Oh, the core of M31! :BangHead:

This is the Les Tilly, Tom O'DOnoghue, Ian Bird and myself M31 from a month ago using two FSQ106s and one FSQ85. Last night I hit the core in the TEC140 (980mm F7) for two hours in 5 minute luminance subs. The data goes nearly all the way into the core but how do you get it to show and at the same time look reasonably natural? I wish I knew!!! This is as good as I could get it. You might well prefer the original with the cooked out core but tell me gently. :grin:

I think that takes us to 47 hours.

Olly

M31%20LES%20OLLY%20TOM%20TEC%20CORE%20web-X2.jpg

Getting better and better Olly!

I can send you a few panels of the core from 2m scope. So that your image will cover it all.

Mark

Worth a try! (The Faulkes, perhaps? I had a couple of sessions on it during full moon. You get kinda close up!!!)

Olly

Looks great Olly, can you put up a side by side core crop for a comparison?

hmm whats next, well we have a few ideas on the table, or lined up in the imaging train. Don't want to give anything away yet. We've been clouded out for the last 2 weeks (except for last night).

Tom.

Looks great Olly, can you put up a side by side core crop for a comparison?

hmm whats next, well we have a few ideas on the table, or lined up in the imaging train. Don't want to give anything away yet. We've been clouded out for the last 2 weeks (except for last night).

Tom.

Sure, here we go.

Olly

2%20%20CORES-X2.jpg

Archived