Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

listen very carefully i will say this only once......

Nillchill

20 minutes setting out scope, power, etc etc.

20 mins to let scope cool.

25mins looking at the moon, looking forward to Jupiter to rise majestically above the mountain on the opposite side of the Valley, in short time!

10 mins packing up, and carrying scope into the house

2 mins making a cup of tea!

End of observing log 27 October 2012

Shashafashafrikerfasherbaskabeechsasha ..................CLOUD.

Well i went out there because the Moon was shining through the Kitchen window, only to find it raining, large cloud right over head, quick check on the Met site and i have rain and cloud with clear bit coming down the East coast....watching Football on TV....

Well i went out there because the Moon was shining through the Kitchen window, only to find it raining, large cloud right over head, quick check on the Met site and i have rain and cloud with clear bit coming down the East coast....watching Football on TV....

Same in Cornwall. Was clear earlier so got everything read to go in the conservatory then heard a noise and looked up to see the moon shining brightly and a hailstorm hitting the glass - glad I hadn't got as far as taking it all outside :embarrassed:

Managed 30x105sec subs, now doing the darks before I out the dew strap on. The moon is moving out of the line of fire and Orion is creeping over the rooftops. I may get a chance of the horsehead yet.

You can really go off some people!

Lucky got!

Nice and clear here since god know's when the Moon is very bright so washed a lot out but Jupiter looks good (4 moons on show now) M45 still looking very nice just waiting for Orion to come up hope to get first view of M42 this year :grin: and the clocks go back so might get an extra hr :grin: :grin:

looking slightly wispy up there now, but I got the first run done and am downloading them now. There is still hope for more. While I was getting the darks I took the opportunity to do a bit af visual on Jupiter with my new ST80.

Very very impressed. :cool:

Archived