NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eBay scope scam alert

Earl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are a few members in the Norwich area who might just be able to check this out, could always ask to have a peek before buying ;)

I assume that "The instrument is not available for tryouts." means they'd not be welcome to do so.

James

Says Paypal accepted in the preferred payments section even though it says not accepted in the blurb. Strange ad!

To sell on ebay you have to accept paypal, you can of course also accept less fee heavy payment options too :)

Funny how it's always Questar scopes that are used for these scams :rolleyes2:

They pick an ultra-expensive scope and offer the chance of a bargain of course.

I feel sorry for anyone genuine on E.Bay who ever really does try to sell a Questar .....

Funny how it's always Questar scopes that are used for these scams :rolleyes2:

They pick an ultra-expensive scope and offer the chance of a bargain of course.

I feel sorry for anyone genuine on E.Bay who ever really does try to sell a Questar .....

Thankfully they are not smart enough to pull better scams.

I think i have seen one legit Questar on ebay.

Have sent him a message asking if I can come and have a look at it to see if everything is ok with the scope not a try out as he put it before I put a bid on it (not that I'm going too) just wanted to see if he gets back to me, will let you guys know what happens but I wont hold my breath

Seems crazy to me too. Simple optics suggest a skymax 127 will outperform it in resolving power, light gathering, sharpness and portability (the skymax will weigh a bit more, but anyone would be more comfortable tossing it in the back of a car rather than a £6000 scope!).

Archived