Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad Finder?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorted. Thanks for the links Wookie, you are ace!

I'll have to wait until tommorow to see whether TH honours the purchase I made on Amazon....(dreading the out-of-stock email...)

You know, I was just placing an order for 1 2v red LED, a 39 ohm resistor, switch, small round mirror, found an empty box of Ferrero Rochet that I was going to butcher and was trying to figure out what parts to buy to callibrate the recticle when I thought

I'll just check this thread one last time....

An early Christmas pressie for me! And no, I ain't wrapping it up and waiting until Dec 25th.. :D

Brilliant bit of kit - much prefer it to my 10 x finder, BUT...I've never known anything attract dew like a telrad.

Luckily wrapping some foam to form a tube around it helps so you don't have to go down the heated rope or hair-dryer route. There are several posts on here about getting round the dewing problem...including the foam tube design - with a simple cut-out for the on/off switch.

Probably the best improvement in my observing efficiency/enjoyment for the money!

Sorted. Thanks for the links Wookie, you are ace!

I'll have to wait until tommorow to see whether TH honours the purchase I made on Amazon....(dreading the out-of-stock email...)

You know, I was just placing an order for 1 2v red LED, a 39 ohm resistor, switch, small round mirror, found an empty box of Ferrero Rochet that I was going to butcher and was trying to figure out what parts to buy to callibrate the recticle when I thought

I'll just check this thread one last time....

An early Christmas pressie for me! And no, I ain't wrapping it up and waiting until Dec 25th.. :D

Glad i could help that's what we are all here for to help each other.

+1 for the Telrad and it does what it says on the tin (or should that be shoe box :grin: ). One small piece of advice regarding this finder - remember to turn it off properly, not that it is thirsty on batteries but I have lost count of the number of times I forget to turn the darn thing off when not using it or certainly when packing it away! :grin: :grin: :grin: ....must be my age. :rolleyes2:

James

Archived