Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Loch More Milky Way

My favourite dark sky location.Was hoping to spend a couple of hours out here tonight but the cloud rolled in after about 40 mins or so.

Got a few shots so it wasnt a wasted trip.The first shot was taken as the mily way first showed up beside the twilight on the right.

post-897-0-07532400-1349646622_thumb.jpg

post-897-0-95424400-1349646637_thumb.jpg

Very very nice. What equipment and what settings do you use?

Canon 5DMKII with a Canon 17-40mm L lens.

30 second exposure

17mm f4.5

ISO 6400 for the first shot and 12800 for the second.I was having a little experiment with high ISO settings.

Thanks for sharing the stunning views that the North of Scotland has to offer... DId you get out for last nights aurora .?

Peter...

Clouded out mate,got a few shots but nothing worth posting.I think i'm due a break on the aurora front.

Keep missing the decent displays for one reason or another.

Fingers crossed.... Looks like you have had a real soaking the last few days?

Yep,its rained heavy here for a couple of days,missed the aurora storm from yesterday but tonight looks like there might

be some lengthy clear spells.The solar wind thats due to hit today will hopefully give us a repeat of last nights aurora.

I would be very surprised if it didnt.

Canon 5DMKII with a Canon 17-40mm L lens.

30 second exposure

17mm f4.5

ISO 6400 for the first shot and 12800 for the second.I was having a little experiment with high ISO settings.

I knew this must have been shot with a 5D to have grabbed that amount of detail from a static tripod.

A great pair of images.

Archived