Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Party 20.10.12

valleyman

I know it is only one week after the weekend starparty, but for those of us not going I am proposing a meet at Blaenavon on Saturday 21st October.

Ofcourse those who went to the camp weekend are just as welcome :)))

start time from 18:30 onwards.

location Blaenavon

Pat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nuclerdwarf.

Correct on just turning up, it is all very informal. Nice thought about charging a fee, but No we dont

The location is called the Hunters Graveyard and it is at the carpark next to the Telephone aerials at this location Google Maps 51.790502,-3.069627

Its a bit remote and for your first time would suggest getting there just before dusk. about 18:30

If you think you will have problems finding it, I am sure somebody would meet you local or I can send you directions.

Pat

just googled the co-ords . is it the carpark by the pond ??.

cheers all

sean

No not that carpark.

If you pop the co ords into google maps it generates the map with the green arrow pointing direct at the car park we meet in the pond is just off the main road to the left but not that far off

Hi Nuclerdwarf.

Correct on just turning up, it is all very informal. Nice thought about charging a fee, but No we dont

The location is called the Hunters Graveyard and it is at the carpark next to the Telephone aerials at this location Google Maps 51.790502,-3.069627

Its a bit remote and for your first time would suggest getting there just before dusk. about 18:30

If you think you will have problems finding it, I am sure somebody would meet you local or I can send you directions.

Pat

Thanks for the reply Pat, will do my utmost to get there!

Mark.

I would like to join you all on that Saturday night if its clear. Its not that far from Hereford and it does look an interesting viewing area.

Clearly I know some of you from the star parties held at Lucksall and it would be nice to meet other SGL members. I would hope to bring along my 6" Newt and the case of Ethos and Nagler EPs.

Mark

PS - I changed the date in the title thought it would help.

I would like to join you all on that Saturday night if its clear. Its not that far from Hereford and it does look an interesting viewing area.

Clearly I know some of you from the star parties held at Lucksall and it would be nice to meet other SGL members. I would hope to bring along my 6" Newt and the case of Ethos and Nagler EPs.

Mark

PS - I changed the date in the title thought it would help.

It's not that far from me either, by the look of it. Around 40 miles each way plus the bridge toll. Hmmmm - have to talk nicely to my other half :smiley:

Still delaying my Blaenavon entrance for this year - wine club again down in Newquay this weekend but will be packing up on bonfire night so should be good for all the meets up to March at least after this.

Probably could do with a weekend thawing out and spending quality time with Heineken Cup and a glass of Rioja or two after Brecon to be honest - the best part of the observing years still stretching out in front of us. Good luck for everyone on the weekend though and fingers crossed for a clear night.

Archived